Education Money for People with Disability 2017
Education, today, has become a very expensive task. It is further more burdensome for the people who are differently abled. Luckily, there are some wonderful scholarship resources which offer help to such individualsfor pursuing higher education. Scholarships for disabled students are offered by the government, non-profit organizations, and other private financial bodies. Some of them are listed below.
1. American Association on Health and Disability: A fellowship of $1000 is rewarded to each individual approved by the Board of Directors Scholarship Committee in the December month of every year. The committee solely decides the number of recipients and amount of money that will be awarded. The eligibility criteria needs the applicant should be enrolled in any undergraduate school as a full-time student. He/she must also be a US citizen enrolled in a United States university that is accredited. Undergraduates from fields related to ‘health and disability’ like disability studies, health promotion or public health will be given preference over others. Also, the applications need to be sent by November 15, 2017 to avail it for the year 2017.
2. Google Lime Scholarships:Google has come up to aid people with physical disabilities who wish to pursue education in the field of computer science. They will be selected based on their academics and expertise in computers. A sum of $10,000 to US citizens and $5,000 is awarded to the ones from Canada. Also, they will be considered for internship opportunities at Google.
3. Bridges Scholarships: They are provided to students with learning or hearing disabilities. There are 2 different fellowships under this program.
4. The Linda Cowden Memorial Fund: Awarded in memory of late Linda commemorating her great work in supporting the deaf, they are offering $1,000 to individuals who are accepted into any educational program that leads to a profession of helping the deaf. Also, the applicant should be from particular parts of Tennessee.
5. The Minnie Pearl Scholarship Program: It rewards $4,000 to the deaf or hard of hearing individuals who got admission for a four year university or college degree in US. The amount is paid in $1,000 installments annually. It is mandatory that the applicant must have higher than 3.0 GPA.
6. Georgia Council of the Blind: This fund offers $1000 to legal residents of Georgia who are blind.
Requirements to become eligible:-
- The applicant should be blind and/or must be dependent on a parent who is blind.
- He must be enrolled in a post-secondary studies in a college or a Doctoral or Master’s program in a university or any accredited institute.
- Legal documents from an ophthalmologist proving blindness.
7. Graeme Clark Scholarship: It is given out to students worldwide that have a cochlear implant. An amount of $2000 is awarded to the candidates for a maximum period of four years provided that they maintain a GPA of 2.5.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Differently abled children need special requirements which may be expensive. To take better care of them and for knowing more about child care, contact the child support phone number.